Almond Milk Recipe
This Almond milk recipe makes for a great base for smoothies, it can also be used as a substitute for cows milk or soy milk. I have recently been having a glass as a treat after dinner. It is high in calcium and magnesium, and tastes delicious!
A great alternative to soy milk, easy to make and low allergenic for people sensitive to dairy.
Ingredients for Almond milk:
- 1 cup raw almonds (organic)
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 dates (seeds removed)
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
- Soak the almonds in a bowl over night (preferably in filtered water).
- Discard the water in the morning and place soaked almonds in a blender with dates, filtered water, and vanilla seeds until well blended.
- Use a muslin cloth to strain the liquid from the mulch. Make sure you have a large jug to catch the liquid as you strain it through the muslie
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Got almond milk?!