Frequently Asked Questions
Claire is more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact Claire if your question or answer does not appear below. We are more than happy to help.
We draw on our years of experience in clinical practice to create a plan which is tailored to meet your needs. Some of your health concerns may take a while to be addressed, but many of them will improve within the initial months on treatment, especially when you are applying yourself to the guidelines provided by our practitioners (Claire, Mikaela, and Paige).
“I would never guarantee that I can fix someone’s health. But in saying that I have had such positive results that I am tempted to say that I can! It is a matter of knowing where to start and paving the road for the patient.”
Naturopathic testing includes:
- Stool analysis (for parasites or microflora imbalance)
- Salivary hormone profiles (for female and male reproductive hormones, and stress hormones)
- Allergy testing (comprehensive blood tests which are sent to a laboratory for food and environmental allergies)
- Urine analysis (pH, bacteria levels, hydration, kidney and liver function)
- Weight and body measurements (specifically geared towards weight loss patients)
- Blood pressure (important for stress management)
- Blood sugar testing (important for diabetes prevention and weight loss regimes)
- Nutrient deficiency testing (to identify if certain nutrients are lacking in the diet)
- Fertility testing (with the support of your GP we can request specialised genetic and nutritional tests)
This is a great question, but in all honesty it varies from person to person, depending on your goals, your history, and in what time frame
you are trying to see results. Commonly weekly or fortnightly appointments are recommended for the
first two months. The patients who see the best results are the ones which have had regular appointments, however sometimes only three of four appointments are needed to help someone with a less complex case or condition.
I would say weight loss and improved wellbeing are the most common requests. And these are great things to work on because you get to see the patient improve each week with measurable changes and smiling faces. When a patient comes in after 3 appointments and has lost 6cm around their waist with a smile from ear to ear, I know we are on to something great. They are happy because they feel great, and I’m happy because I have helped them achieve their goal.
Claire does see patients under workers compensation. Ask your General practitioner or specialist doctor to write to your insurer requesting your nutrition/naturopathic appointments be covered by workers compensation. Once approval has been received by Claire your appointments can be made.
The best thing about being a naturopath is being able to improve
people’s wellbeing. I get to be a part of their lives, implementing lasting change. I have made so many great relationships with my patients over the years getting to know them, and it brings me so much happiness to be able to do this as a living. The other great thing about being a naturopath is that I get to be creative with food and recipes which is a real passion of mine. I love my job!
An initial consultation is $180 where we will cover your case history in-depth so as not to miss out on any key information and t o get a better understanding of how we can help you with your health goals.
After this, all further return consultations are $110.
One More Question?
Don’t be afraid to get in touch!