Roast tomato and sweet potato salad
Sustainable and seasonal cooking is great! I dropped by my parents place to get some of the ingredients for this beautiful roast tomato and sweet potato salad. We all ate together and learnt about how to plant and care for these kinds of vegetables.
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 6 small cloves of garlic peeled and bashed with the back of a knife Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of mixed leaves
- 1 tablespoon of toasted pine nuts
- Small amount of Danish feta to crumble on top
Method: Turn oven on to 200 degrees Celsius. Put pumpkin and sweet potato into a baking pan with 1- tablespoon coconut oil and salt and pepper (cook for 30 minutes or until they start to go golden). While pumpkin and sweet potato are cooking mix tomatoes in a baking dish with rosemary and garlic, then place in the oven on lower shelf (cook for about 15minutes). Assemble other ingredients in a bowl, add the toaster pumpkin, sweet potato and tomato and crumble feta on top.